Monday, December 29, 2008

Strong Winds And No Power

We woke up Sunday morning to the temperature being in the 40's. The weather forecast was calling for high gusts of wind but I think the winds were stronger than what people expected. Randy had to leave early that morning for his basketball game in Massena. The wind started to get really strong about 11 o'clock and about a half hour later we were without power. I had to work at 3 so I was hoping that the power would be back on before then. No such luck, thank goodness my in laws who live just around the corner did not lose their power, so I was able to take a shower. We still did not have power when I was ready to leave for work at 2:30 but I noticed that National Grid was working at the substation at the end of our road. Our power came back on about 9 that evening. I am sure some people still may be without power but hopefully it is not for too long.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Ack! I hope we have power at out house! I haven't talked to Grumpy yet today...