Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Beginning of Our Vacation

We set off for our vacation at almost one this afternoon. The weather was perfect for driving and there was not a lot of traffic. This was my first time every going to Vermont but for Randy he has been a few times. Randy and I took a few pictures along the way.


I had to take this picture real quick, as we were driving in the car past this sign. Ahh.... we have made it into Vermont. I was taking in all the sights just like a tourist should.

We stopped at a pull off that was on one of the bridges to take some pictures. Here is Randy with Lake Champlain behind him. On either side of the bridge was water for as far as you could see.


I am all smiles as I sit waiting for Randy to take my picture. That is quite the view.



This sign is right beside where we were sitting on the rocks. Very interesting historial information about the lake and the islands.

Another shot of Lake Champlain.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Vermont is a beautiful state...been there many times.
And Lake Champlain is so lovely.
Looking forward to hearing more about your travels.

Shelby said...

lol, oh Amanda, you know me, I am a big tease girl....and when you said that was a sight to see I am assuming you meant the water and not you all giggles. he he. In all seriousness I am glad you are so happy. Makes me happy for you!