The finished product
This recipe is from the GoodHousekeeping Cookbook. I did not have all the ingredients but I decided to make them anyway. I am glad that I did they were a bit hit with Randy and I. I will definitely be making these muffins again soon.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (did not have any)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (I prefer to use butter when I bake)
- 1 egg
- 2 medium sized apples peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (Randy didn't want any walnuts in them)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl, beat molasses, milk, butter or margarine and egg until blended. Stir into flour mixture until flour is moistened.
- Batter will be lumpy. Fold in apples and walnuts. Spoon batter into cups. Bake 25 min.
- Or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm or cool on wire rack.