Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Streusel Cake




Yesterday I was up early again. We had to pick the truck up at the garage and I had to be to work for 9am. I was thinking all day of something to make with the cupcake mix I had and I remember the recipe I had for Streusel Cake. I did not get up to early this morning to start baking because I knew the recipe was easy and it doesn't take long to bake. I am going to have a small piece in a bit with a cup of hot tea. Here is the recipe in case anyone wants to try it.





yellow cake mix (I used a cupcake mix instead)





Streusel topping:


2 tbsp. dry cake mix


1 tbsp. cinnamon


1 tbsp. cocoa


2 tbsp. brown sugar








In a separate bowl combine the first four ingredients. Grease or spray pan and lightly flour. I used a bundt pan and liked the way it turned out. Prepare cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Fill the pan with 1/4 of the batter. Spoon streusel topping over the batter, topping with remaining batter. With a knife, circle batter to create a swirled effect.


Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Lightly glaze the cake with powdered sugar mixed with a small amount of milk. I didn't use exact measurements for that and it turned out just fine. I also added a touch of vanilla.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Amanda's been busy! I'm looking forward to Saturday!