Friday, February 6, 2009

Swiss Vegetable Casserole


Randy and I have a book of recipes that we have collected through the years. I have been going through the book to find recipes that I haven't tried yet and ones that I definitely want to make again. This recipe is one that has been recently added to our book. This would be the perfect dish to go with the chicken we were having for dinner.

Campbell's Swiss Vegetable Casserole

1 can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup

1/3 cup sour cream

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (I did not add, Randy and I don't like pepper)

1 bag (16 oz.) frozen vegetable combination broccoli, cauliflower, carrots

1 can (2.8 oz.) French's French Fried Onions (1 1/3 cups)

1/2 cup cubed swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir soup, sour cream, black pepper, vegetables, 2/3 cup onions in 2 quart casserole. Bake for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir, and sprinkle remaining onions and cheese over vegetable mixture. Bake for 5 minutes more.

For cheddar cheese lovers, use 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese instead of the swiss cheese.

No comments: