Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Fruity Muffin


I found this recipe on the side of a box of Fruit Whirls. Since I am a muffin lover I knew that this would be the perfect thing to make. Boy was I in for a treat when I took a bite, the taste of the fruity flavor blended together in such a moist muffin, had me wanting more than just one. I did however tell myself that I could always enjoy another muffin the next morning.
Confetti Muffins
1 cup Fruit Whirls cereal
1 1/4 cups baking mix
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Crush the cereal and set aside, reserving one tablespoon for the top. Measure the baking mix into a bowl. Add the egg, water, oil and sugar; stir just enough to moisten. Fold in crushed cereal. Fill greased or lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with the reserved crushed cereal. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Now I like this! Pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

what a fun muffin! great for grown ups and kids alike! so pretty!