Sunday, April 19, 2009

Savory Steak



Today is my Dad's birthday. This afternoon we are heading over to my parents house for a birthday and retirement party for him. Last night I made a big dish of lasagna to bring over for lunch. After making the lasagna, I was trying to figure what to make Randy and I for dinner.
I decided to go with the steak that I took out for our lunch and didn't do anything with. Instead of just cooking the steak in the skillet with some seasoning, I marinated it. Oh what a wonderful flavor the steak had. Now this is saying something, Randy always has to have steak sauce when eating a steak and this time he did not use a single drop. The marinade provided enough flavor and made the steak very moist and tender. It was a big hit!!!!


Sirloin Tip Steak with a Savory Marinade

1 thin sliced piece of sirloin tip steak
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons Montreal Steak seasoning

Marinate the steak for 30 minutes. Place steak in large skillet and cook on medium heat until the meat is cooked through.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks for the recipe - it looks great.