Thursday, September 3, 2009

There Is Nothing Like A Muffin

I have had my mind on making muffins the last few days and since I didn't really have anything in the house that sounded appealing to me for breakfast, today was a good day to make them. I love any kind of muffin, especially when they come right out of the oven. My choice of muffin this morning was to make ones using some applesauce that I had in the pantry. As I sit typing this post I am enjoying a muffin with a tall glass of cold milk.

Sugar-Topped Applesauce Muffins

2 cups biscuit/baking mix

1/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 egg

1/2 cup applesauce (I used country berry flavor applesauce)

1/4 cup milk

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Topping:

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 tablespoons butter, melted

In a bowl combine the baking mix, sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the egg, applesauce, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened Fill paper-lined muffin cups two thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip muffin tops in melted butter then in cinnamon sugar.

Makes 12 muffins

*An update on yesterday's post, Randy came home from work late last night so he has yet to try the stuffed peppers. I did end up telling him that they were made with tofu and I said you really will like them, so I am hoping he does end up trying them.

3 comments:

Beth said...

These sound and look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll have to make these sometime.

Shelby said...

Amanda, ,these looks awesome!

Linda said...

Amanda, I like the fact that you used a flavored applesauce! Nice touch.