Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cocoa Pebble Treats


Before I give the recipe for this delicious treat, I want to give an update on the post Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops that I made yesterday. I made the pork chops for my lunch and for Randy to have for dinner. Randy called me last night while I was at work and wanted to know if I had made anything for dinner or did he have to pick up something. I said I made some pork chops with cinnamon, Randy did not comment about that so I decided to wait until I got home later that night to ask him what he thought. At first Randy thought the sliced apples on top were potatoes but then after taking a bite he realized it was apples. Randy said the pork chops tasted really, really good. I will just have to make them like this again since they were a big hit. Now on to my post for today. I have been in the mood for rice crispy treats but I didn't have any rice crispy cereal except for the cocoa pebbles but it is the same thing just has cocoa in them. I always just used rice crispy cereal so I was in for a wonderful treat when I decided to use the cocoa pebbles. Of course I had to try one after they had finished cooling. Yummy tasting treat for all ages.

Cocoa Pebble Treats

1/4 cup butter

1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows

6 cups Post Cocoa Pebbles cereal

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. In a large mixing bowl, place the 6 cups of cereal. Pour melted marshmallows into the cereal until well coated. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into a buttered 8x8 pan. Allow mixture to cool. Cut into bars.

No comments: