Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm In The Mood For Cookies

I do love cookies. I love to make cookies. I love to eat cookies. I also love to share cookies with everyone else. I work in a health care facility and I have a few coworkers so I always try to bring in any treat that I make. We are ordering out for dinner tonight from the local grange hall and since I was in the baking mood I would bring in some cookies. I decided upon the Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Martha Stewart Cookies. Before I started to make the cookies I had to make sure I had all the ingredients. I did, which I was glad of because as the title of this post reads I am in the mood for cookies.



Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies from Martha Stewart Cookies


2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1 teaspoon coarse salt

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips, or a combination of both (I used mini chocolate chips, only 1 cup instead of 2)



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a bowl.


2. Put butter and both sugars on the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix until combined, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.


3. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until centers are set and edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. I let the cookies about 5 minutes on the baking sheets. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.

Makes 3 dozen cookies











1 comment:

Wservir said...

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Ptitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com (more than 30 000 visitors per day)

To add your site to the Ptitchef family you can use http://www.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to http://en.petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Octávio
www.petitchef.com