Saturday, November 15, 2008

Peanut Crisps

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I was going to make some sugar cookies using a turkey cookie cutter. As I was starting to get prepared to the make the cookies, Randy came home. I told him I was going to make sugar cookies in the shape of turkey's. Randy said "You should make some cookies with some flavor in them." Well since Randy eats most of the things I make without commenting often, I handed him the Martha Stewart cookie book and said find something you would like and I will make that instead. Randy found about ten or so different ones and said pick from them. He made it pretty easy for me since I picked the one that I thought I would enjoy just as well, Peanut Crisps. The picture of me is compliments of Randy, who said I should have a picture of myself making the cookies. I usually don't have anyone around when I am baking or I probably would have more pictures of myself preparing the recipes.
Peanut Crisps from Martha Stewart Cookies (page 54)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup salted whole peanuts (I used dry roasted peanuts instead)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl.
2. Put butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. I chose to just mix this by hand, I would like to get a Kitchen Aid. Mix in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture; mix until combined. Stir in peanuts.
3. Drop 2 teaspoons of dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 3 inches apart. Lightly flatten to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are just golden, about 13 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen (I made the cookies big, ended up with 22)

1 comment:

Shelby said...

They look great Amanda!