Monday, November 10, 2008

Peter Pumpkin Squares

I was reading through my mail on Saturday and I came across this recipe in Focus on Health that is put out by an area hospital. I read through the ingredients and I knew that I had everything the recipe called for. I recommend anyone that likes pumpkin to try this recipe out. You won't be disappointed.




1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

4 eggs

3/4 cup cooking oil

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1 tbsp. ground cinnamon

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

Margarine or butter to grease the pan

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix well.

3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.

4. Add the pumpkin mix to the flour. Stir well.

5. Grease a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with butter or margarine.

6. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.

7. Bake for 30 minutes.





No comments: