Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pizza Pork Chops


I am not sure if many people are aware of this but I work the evening shift and Randy works the day shift. I spend five days a week having dinner with other people besides Randy. It is not very often that I make something for him during the day before I go to work. Randy doesn't mind that I don't cook something for him though, he is pretty handy in the kitchen himself at whipping up something. I was looking through my recipe book this morning and I decided I would surprise Randy and have something already made for his dinner when he gets home tonight. I changed the recipe up alittle bit to what ingredients I had in the house. I didn't try it yet but I will let you all know if Randy enjoyed it.


Pizza Pork Chops (I got this recipe from the Better Homes and Garden magazine)

4 pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick (I had a package of 2 so that's what I used)

4 slices mozzarella cheese (I used shredded cheese, pizza blend)

1/4 cup pizza sauce

4 ounce can of mushroom stem and pieces drained

Place chops on a rack in an unheated broiler pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil chops, 3 to 4 inches from heat until well done, turning once (allow about 20 minutes total time). If using slices of cheese halve it diagonally. Brush chops with pizza sauce and top with some mushrooms. Place cheese on top. Broil for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes more or until the cheese melts. You can also serve this atop slices of garlic bread. Randy is not a big fan of bread so I will pass on doing that.

No comments: