Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chinese Chicken (Picture)


I am back. It has been a few days since I have posted anything. On Tuesday we had a power outage at 7:20 that morning. The power outage affected over 5,000 people in the surrounding areas. There was a breaker failure at a substation. All power was restored to everyone around 6:30 that evening.
I did have plans that morning to make some dinner for Randy that night. I was thinking of a chicken recipe in the Quick And Easy cookbook I have. Well I had to put aside my plans of making it until this morning.
Everything went well with the recipe. Until it came time for me to upload the pictures I had taken of the finished meal. I have to use our other computer when I do that and I had trouble logging into that one. So I will have to post the pictures at a later time but in the mean time here is the recipe.


Chinese Chicken
(Quick & Easy Cookbook)

4 tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 large skinless chicken breast

Mix together all but chicken. Salt and pepper to taste; pour over chicken. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This sounds good and easy. I am going to save it to try.
Power failure? Yikes...especially if it's cold. Time to snuggle for you and the hubby!!