Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
This is a recipe that I created by getting ideas from other muffin recipes.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
6 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
2 large ripe bananas
1/3 cup fat free milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a twelve cup muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder. I melt the butter in the microwave for 15 seconds until it is soft to blend in with the above ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, blend bananas, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Make sure it is mixed very well.
4. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until everything is moist. The batter will be lumpy, this is how it is suppose to be.
5. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter and place in the muffin cups. I find this is just the right amount of batter to make a nice size muffin.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Remove muffins immediately from pan and place on wire rack to cool.