Friday, May 29, 2009

Bite Size Pizza





I made homemade marinara sauce for a veal recipe that I did a few posts ago. I had extra marinara sauce left over and came up with this recipe for biscuit pizza bites. It may not have been a really big hit with Randy since he is not a fan of biscuits but it was for me since I am a lover of biscuits.


Biscuit Pizza Bites

For making the biscuits I used a recipe on a box of baking mix

Biscuits

2 1/4 cups all purpose baking mix
2/3 cup fat free milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Use a lightly greased baking sheet. Combine baking mix in a bowl, stir to blend to make a soft dough. Fold and pat on floured board or counter about five times. Roll 1/2" thick. I do not have a biscuit cutter so I used the 1/2 cup measuring spoon as a cutter that was floured. It worked great. Bake on baking sheet 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes 8 biscuits


Assemble the biscuit just as you would a pizza, place a small amount of marinara sauce on and spread around evenly, use the toppings of your choice. I went with pepperoni cut into bite size pieces and mozzarella cheese that was cut into small chunks.

No comments: