Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quick, Easy and Simple




I was in the mood for macaroni and cheese and thought that would be the perfect thing to whip up for my lunch. This is a simple recipe that I came up with to satisfy my craving.


Quick Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups macaroni
1 brick extra sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
10 whole wheat ritz crackers

1. Cook macaroni according to the directions on the package.

2. In a medium saucepan place milk, butter and both cheeses. Stir until cheese is melted.

3. Place drained macaroni in a small baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni. Crush crackers and sprinkle over top.

4. Bake for 20 minutes or longer until bubbly and topping is golden.

2 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Love this recipe. Homemade mac and cheese in a pinch.

Shelby said...

Yum! I love Mac & Cheese!