Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Biscuits And Blueberries

I know I have probably told everyone more than once that I love biscuits. I really, really do. Well this morning I decided to try a little something different when making some homemade biscuits and added some blueberries that I had and didn't want to go to waste. I am not sure if Randy will like these since he really doesn't like biscuits, but hey you never know. I am thinking with the addition of the blueberries he might just change his mind. I will let you all know the reaction.

Baking Powder Blueberry Biscuits

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk; quickly mix in blueberries and mixture forms soft dough that leaves side of bowl.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead to mix thoroughly. With a floured rolling pin, roll out dough, 1/2 inch thick for highm fluffy biscuits and 1/4 inch thick for thin, crusty ones.
With floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut into biscuits. Place biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart for crusty biscuits, nearly touching for soft-sided ones.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden.

No comments: