Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm In Love With...

the Cooking Light Magazine. I have been buying the magazine for the past couple of months but I have finally decided to subscribe to it. I am very impressed with all the amazing recipes and all the informative articles this magazine has. One of the amazing recipes that just so happened to catch my eye was from this month's issue.

Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (I used White Chocolate Morsels)
July 2009 Cooking Light

1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (1 medium)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat on medium speed using a hand mixer until smooth. Add egg; beat well.
Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture in bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in white chocolate morsels.
Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls (I used a cookie scoop instead), 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. The first batch I used the cookie sheet with spray but for the next two batches I opted to use the air bake cookie sheets. I had better luck with this because the first batch seemed to crisp up.
Bake at 35o for 18 minutes or until golden. Cool on pans for 2 minutes, remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.

Of course after the cookies were done I did have to try one, love the blend of flavors. Such a great tasting cookie!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I've been looking at this one too!