Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Breakfast For Dinner

Well tonight that is what Randy will be having for dinner. I bought 2 pints of blueberries and asked Randy for a suggestion of what to make and he said he could go for some blueberry pancakes. So this morning before I went outside to weed the flower gardens, I made the pancakes per Randy's request and of course I did not forget the blueberries. Oh and an update on my last post for the veggie burgers, Randy did try them and said they were actually pretty good. Hmm... well maybe I will have to make them more often.
Blueberry Pancakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup blueberries
In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, egg and stir until flour is moistened. Fold in blueberries. For thicker pancakes, use only 1 cup milk.
Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat. I chose to use the smallest frying pan I have and it worked out excellent, to give the perfect size pancake. Pour batter into the skillet using 1/4 cupfuls; cook until tops are bubbly and bubbles burst; edges will look dry. Turn and cook until undersides are golden.
Serve pancakes with butter and syrup or the topping of your choice.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

That Randy and his blueberry pancakes!

Linda said...

We had blueberry pancakes with beautiful plump fresh berries the other night for dinner ourselves...and they were sooooo good!!