Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tropical Treat


I really love granola bars. I am always looking for something different to add to them when I make them and this time I went with some Tropical Trail Mix that we had bought at Walmart a few weeks ago. The recipe that I like to use I found on the box of wheat bran.
Tropical Granola Bars
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1 1/4 wheat bran
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups tropical trail mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; blend well. Stir in oatmeal, wheat bran, salt and trail mix. Press mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I have been low carb today and I am seriously craving something like this. Looks yummy!