Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Burger At It's Best


I love burger and I especially love veggie burgers, not only are they tasty but they are a healthy alternative to a hamburger. It has been sometime since I have had one so I set off to find the perfect recipe, well I found many of interest to me. I took ideas from each recipe and came up with my own.

Veggie Burgers

2 1/2 cups canned garbanzos, drained and rinsed

4 large eggs

1 small onion, chopped

1 cup broccoli, chopped

1 cup saltine crackers, crushed

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Combine the garbanzos and eggs in blender, puree until mixture is thick.

Pour mixture in bowl, add chopped onion.

Add crushed crackers, stir and let sit so the crackers can absorb the moisture.

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, cover and cook 10 minutes, flip and cook 10 more minutes.

Makes 8 medium size patties.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

This looks really good to me Amanda! I will have to give this one a try!