Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Summertime Treat

The last few days have been very nice, with sunshine and warm temperatures. I have been enjoying the start of summer and am hoping this beautiful weather continues for many more weeks to come. A great way to enjoy yourself on these nice days is to, grab your lawn chair, a good book and whip up this tasty, healthy and refreshing treat. Ahh... now that sounds like a wonderful idea.

Summer Parfait

1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
4 ounce container of Light and Fit strawberry yogurt
4 ounce container of Light and Fit blueberry yogurt
1 cup granola

In a large cup or the dish of your choice, place a few strawberries and blueberries in the bottom with a handful of granola. Next add the strawberry yogurt and another layer of strawberries, blueberries and more granola. The blueberry yogurt comes next and then top off with the rest of the strawberries, blueberries and the granola.

8 comments:

Shelby said...

Amanda!!! That looks awesome! I think this is my favorite post. It definitely looks better then my peaches just stirred in yogurt that I eat every morning lately! :-)

Sam Sotiropoulos said...

Hi Amamnda! Shelby pointed me in your direction and I am glad she did. :-) That trifle looks awesome, just the sort of thing to go down nice and cool on a hot summer's day. Keep it up.

Sam

Jessie said...

that looks really refreshing! Shelby led me to your blog and I have to say I am in love!

Hillary said...

What a great dessert! Nice post!

Hillary
Chew on That

Heidi from DenverDryGarden said...

This looks like the perfect antioxidant packed breakfast! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I make a simple dessert that is close to this except instead of the granola I use whole walnuts since they have more omega 3's.

I also top it off with honey. I eat it many times before going to bed and it's a good colon cleanser for the morning since I don't do caffeine.

Peace, Aero

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Shelby point out to your blog and I love it… adorable treat :)

Cheers!

Gera

Anonymous said...

This looks a little naughty but it really is healthy all fruit and yogurt. I can imagine eating this daily. Cool and delightful for the summer.