Monday, June 22, 2009

Butterscotch is Good


I have so many different recipes that I want to try and I am starting to work on making some of them. This recipe just so happens to be the first one that I have been wanting to make. I love butterscotch candies and I love anything that has butterscotch in the recipe. I made some changes to the recipe to accomadate what ingredients that I had on hand.


Butterscotch Blondies

9 tablespoons (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
Put butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until well combined. Mix in butterscotch chips and pecans.
Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, 42 to 45 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into squares.

No comments: